Watch Our Annual Statement 2014 Videos
19 Dec 2014
You can now watch again a few speeches & interviews from our Annual Statement Launch 2014: Human Rights in Northern Ireland:
The RT Hon Dominic Grieve QC MP presents his key note speech on reform of the European Convention and European Court of Human rights:
An Interview with Dominic Grieve QC MP: The Rt Hon Dominic Grieve QC MP speaks on Rights & the future:
Chief Commissioner Les Allamby Speech at the 2014 Annual Statement:
Interview: Chief Commissioner Les Allamby talks about the Annual Statement & its purpose:
Notes to editors
- The launch of the Annual Statement 2014 took place in the Long Gallery, Stormont on 10 December 2014, International Human Rights Day. The Annual Statement charts the progress of human rights issues in Northern Ireland in 2014.
- Read the latest Annual Statement here
- Read more about the launch event here
- The Rt Hon Dominic Grieve QC MP was the key note speaker at the 2014 launch. He was the Attorney General for England and Wales and the Advocate General for Northern Ireland, until July 2014. He is the Conservative MP for Beaconsfield and previously held a number of positions in the shadow cabinet including Shadow Home Secretary and Shadow Secretary of State for Justice. He was called to the bar in 1980 and practiced as a barrister before entering Parliament. He was educated at Westminster School and Magdalen College Oxford.
- The Northern Ireland Human Rights Commission is an independent statutory body first proposed in the Belfast (Good Friday) Agreement (1998) and established in 1999 by the Northern Ireland Act (1998). It is answerable to Parliament at Westminster.